Tuesday 27 June 2017

19th Anniversary

Mister Handmade in Israel and I recently celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary. There wasn't a "Romantic Ride" planned this year. In fact, we weren't even in the same country on the day! As you know from my recent post, not long ago I went to visit my Dad in the UK and it worked out that I was away for our anniversary. Not to worry. I left this papercut card and a bag full of chocolate in the care of my eldest son, so Mister Handmade in Israel still received some treats on the day.
In return, I arrived home the day after our anniversary and was greeted at the airport by Mister Handmade in Israel holding this colourful balloon. The Hebrew greeting says יום נישואין שמח, or Happy Anniversary. The following day some beautiful roses arrived, along with a very large tin of delicious Max Brenner chocolates, and the day after that we ate in our favourite Italian restaurant in Jerusalem, Al Dente.
Being away for our anniversary wasn't so bad after all!
While we're on the subject of flowers, I made these cards for a customer last month. The flower vase is one of my older designs but still a favourite!

8 comments:

Jackie McGuinness said...

Happy Anniversary! Absence does make the heart grow fonder, as they say.

Peabea Scribbles said...

Sounds nice a visit to your father as well as Anniversary Surprises when you got home. Really like the title for your hubby. Mister Handmade in Israel. :) As always, your cards are lovely.

Peabea@Peabea Scribbles

Aritha V. said...

Gefeliciteerd! Very nice roses!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Happy belated anniversary Lisa! That was a cute idea leaving a little surprise for your son to give to your hubby that day. :) I don't think anyone has given me a balloon as an adult. That is always a fun thing to receive! I love those flower filled vases. Beautifully done.

likeschocolate said...

Gorgeous card! Happy belated anniversary!

Bryna - Dotted Line Travels said...

Cute! I'm glad your card got to your husband even though you were away :)

restlessjo said...

I think you did ok for your anniversary. :) :) Here's to many more of them, Lisa.

NCSue said...

K love every one of these cards!
Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/06/shades-of-purple.html

Shareaholic