Thursday 31 August 2017

A Wedding Portrait

The customer whose daughter was playing netball in the Maccabiah Games also asked me to make a card for her husband for their 20th wedding anniversary. They happened to be celebrating it on the day of the opening ceremony of the Games. She sent me a photo of the two of them on their wedding day and asked me to recreate it in paper.
I showed the groom in his black suit and bronze bow tie, and the bride in her white dress. I carefully copied the roses and Gypsophila paniculata, or 'Baby's breath', in her hair, and made sure to accentuate his blue eyes and her brown. The observant amongst you will notice that I even changed the colour of his hair from a ginger colour to a darker brown along the way. I like to get it right!
My customer posted the card on Facebook. Comments ranged from "What a GREAT card!!!", "The card is beautiful!" to "Your cards are beautiful. Love them."

4 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Beautifully done! Her headdress must have been so gorgeous.

VeggieMummy said...

What a lovely way to mark the occasion. You're quite an artist - your drawing is really professional and I love your attention to detail. xx

NCSue said...

Very nice indeed - a lovely card for their celebration!
Thanks for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/09/inwardly-gazing-with-monochrome-eyes.html

likeschocolate said...

Great card! Such a fun talent you have! Have a great weekend.

Shareaholic