Thursday 28 September 2017

She Loves the City of Tel Aviv

Not that long ago this lovely lady ordered cards for her mum and for a good friend. It was therefore a nice surprise when her husband called me to tell me that it was his wife's birthday and that, since she is such a fan of my designs, he wanted to order a card for her big day as well! She likes fashion and shoes, he said, and she loves the city of Tel Aviv and her job at Joy Tunes there.
The birthday girl was thrilled with her card. She posted it on Facebook and captioned it "The best birthday card ever... especially love how I look 10 years younger!"
My parents-in-law recently celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary, the diamond anniversary. We marked their special day with them back in August, making a quick visit to the UK en route to Barcelona. (Gosh, it sounds like we are world travellers - we're really not!). I made this card for them for their big day. The "60 Years" is silver (a diamond anniversary card needed some sparkle!) and I added two champagne glasses, hearts and flowers.
I hope they liked their card. However, I am sure that the one they received from The Queen was far more exciting! A friend reminded me that cards are sent on behalf of The Queen to people celebrating significant milestones. The diamond wedding anniversary is one of them. Armed with all the information I needed about my in-laws wedding day, it was relatively easy to arrange it online and I am told that they were delighted to receive it! The congratulatory messages consist of a card containing a personalised message and comes in a special envelope.
Whilst my in-laws were celebrating 60 years of married life, another couple were marking 25 years. A customer asked me to create a silver wedding card for them. I cut out a large silver number 25 and placed it on a scalloped circle, then decorated the card with flowers, a tiny heart and a silver bow.

6 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Congratulations to your in-laws 60 years is pretty impressive! What a blessing! How fun that the husband called you up to make a card. How thoughtful! Have a great week!

Tamar SB said...

How lovely that she loved your card so much! You do amazing work.
G'mar chatima tova!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Beautiful work Lisa! I love the recipient's comment that she looks 10 years younger. :) We have something similar here with the anniversaries. My grandparents received a letter from the president then they reached their 70th anniversary. Those amazing milestones will eventually be a thing of the past since most people are getting married much later in life.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

So cute! I love how your cards fit the person so perfectly! And who wouldn't like to look 10 years younger? :)
Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

restlessjo said...

They're definitely keeping you busy, Lisa :) :)

NCSue said...

60 years! That's hard to fathom. We celebrated our 45th in June, and THAT was an achievement!
Thanks for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/10/at-this-bridge.html

Shareaholic