Monday 30 April 2018

Holding a Plank

A new customer contacted me and asked me to make a card for her friend who was soon to celebrate her 70th birthday. Denise was an English teacher for over 40 years, she told me. She reads constantly - sometimes 3 or 4 books at the same time - and she is very, very fit! Apparently she does the plank for 15 minutes every day, which I am told is exceptional (not being very, very fit myself, I don't know these things!).
I have shown Denise doing a plank on her card. There are bookshelves loaded with books behind her, and another book lies open, ready to be read after she has finished her exercises. A big number 70 marks her age.
My customer messaged me to say "I wanted to write and say thank you [for the card] - it’s just perfect. I am SURE it will be her [Denise's] best card!"
My brother-in-law also recently celebrated a milestone birthday, so a special card was popped into the post for him. On this occasion I made a papercut card, cutting his name and age by hand from white stock. I then lined the card with a red paper inlay since Brian is obsessed with passionate about Arsenal F.C., the Premier League football club who traditionally play in red.

13 comments:

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

Haha this is such a great card!!! really loving it #MMBC

Kim Carberry said...

hehehe! I love the plank card. It is such fun. #MMBC

Tamar SB said...

The plank is too funny!!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

My goodness holding a plank for 15 minutes! I'm in such sad shape. Love the bright color choices. Lovely cards today.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

oops #MMBC

VeggieMummy said...

15 minutes?!!! We used to aim for 2 minutes when I used to go to pilates ...... and that was a struggle! Great cards. xx

Anonymous said...

Football - you probably mean soccer? Great design with white and red!
I almost regret your blog is about the cards you make (understand the business side of it). But every time you post something about art, it's an amazing post!! Forget about my ruminations (haha). Many thanks for faithfully linking up to All Seasons and have an accomplished week!

NCSue said...

I love seeing the cards you make - such a talent!
Thank you for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/04/saints-among-us-then-and-now.html

Kay L. Davies said...

What a wonderful talent you have, bringing joy to people in your own unique way.
Thanks for sharing.
Kay
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Jayne said...

This is brilliant Lisa! I wish I could plank for that long haha! :)

Thanks for sharing with #MMBC x

Clairejustine said...

What a great card and idea :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays, you are one of my featured blogs today.

Anna from Looking Fabulous @ Fifty said...

Love the idea, thank you for sharing
https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com.au/2

sunny tempo traveller said...

Thanks for sharing with us i love your blog always m ready to read all your blog very nice information your share with us thankyou

tempo traveller

tempo traveller hire
Tempo Traveller in Delhi
Golden Triangle Tour
Tour
hotel booking
Chardham Yatra
Leh Ladakh Tour,Rajasthan Tour Packages , Same Day Agra Tour Packages

Shareaholic