Wednesday 13 June 2018

Two Mums

A new customer contacted me and asked me to make a special card for her Mum. Mum's interests include volunteering once a week at old age homes where she, along with other volunteers, takes along music and gets all the oldies up and dancing. She also volunteers at a local school where she helps the students with their oral Bagrut in English. (Here in Israel a Bagrut certificate is awarded to students who pass the required written (and in some cases oral) subject-matter examinations with a passing mark 55% or higher in each exam.) Mum also loves to dance the Twist with her husband (I included a little photo of them dancing together on the card), plus she loves Frank Sinatra. But her favourite pastime of all, her daughter told me, is baking biscuits for her three soldier grandsons every week.
"Thank you so much for the card. It's perfect." my customer wrote to me, then later reported back that "She [mum] loved it."
This next rather humorous card was based on a photo sent to me. My customer's mum was at a demonstration on a rather chilly day in London. She was photographed in a blue mac and matching rain hat, holding up a sign with a rather different message to this one! I changed her sign to one mentioning all of her grandchildren, and added some flowers to brighten the picture. It was a fun card to create.
Returning to the theme of baking, this was a request for "something sweet" for a 13 year old girl. I popped an iced cupcake onto the card, along with balloons, stars and flowers, and added the big yellow number 13 to mark her age. And while we are discussing baking, these are some Zebra Fudge Cookies that I made recently. They were chocolaty, chewy and very pretty too. If you'd like to make some, the recipe is here.

9 comments:

Tamar SB said...

I just adore these and how personalized they are!

VeggieMummy said...

Beautiful cards. I'd love to know what that placard originally said! The zebra fudge cookies look delicious. xx

Cathy Kennedy said...

Howdy from America!

I found you via Claire Justine's #WW link up. Your home-made cards adorably fun! I can see why your customers enjoy them. Thanks for sharing your latest creations!

Curious as a Cathy

Lady Fi said...

Wonderful cards!

Claire Justine said...

What a lovely card. Love the cupcakes just out the oven idea. I would love to receive a card like this :) Thanks for sharing at The Wednesday Blog Hop.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

It's amazing at how many cards you make, and each one is so original! I love that you call mom, mum!
hugs,
Jann

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

You never cease to amaze me with your creativity.

Tom said...

...these are such fun!

Jayne said...

Some lovely makes again here Lisa! The effort that you put into making these fab cards is clear to see, just beautiful!

Thanks for sharing with #MMBC. x

Shareaholic