Monday 11 March 2019

N-n-n-n-nineteen

I have been making birthday cards for Eden for a number of years. Some of you may remember this lovely story, when she called me at the tender age of 9 to thank me for making her a great card - and it wasn't even from me! Ten years on and she is now on the same mechina (pre-army programme) as my eldest son, so for this years birthday card I have shown her wearing the programme's white T-shirt with its circular logo made up of a Star of David and an olive branch. (The State of Israel chose the olive leaves around the Menorah as its emblem. The olive leaves symbolise peace, as this is the wish of our state. The olive also symbolises light, as the oil produced from the olive lightened the Menorah in the Temple.)
Eden is interested in cosmetics and special effects makeup, so I created some tiny eyeshadow palettes, a brush and lipsticks. Her boyfriend appears on the card too, and a big red number 19 marks her age.

9 comments:

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

I really love this card. The eyeshadow palette is just so cute! #MMBC

Cheryl said...

So sweet that she called to thank you. I have a daughter who loves her special effects makeup. It is so creative and fun. Your cards always say so much about the recipient, and the care you take. Beautiful. #MMBC

Anne said...

It must be lovely to get repeat custom, it shows how much they love your special cards.
#mmbc

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

She must have a wonderful collection of cards which is really an art collection. #MMBC

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I am sure she has every card prominently displayed ... a record of her years!

Annsterw said...

You are so creative! How lovely! Annster's Domain

Miss Val's Creations said...

So cute Lisa!

Tamar SB said...

The makeup is so cute!

Sum of their Stories said...

A fab card, the make up palette is so sweet. How wonderful to have been making cards for the same person for so long.

Shareaholic