Wednesday 17 April 2019

Gin & Tonic and Solitaire

A customer asked me to make a birthday card for her friend. She needs to have a gin and tonic in her hand, she said. She also asked me to show her friend dancing and surrounded by music notes.
She sent me a couple of photos of the lady in question and in one of them she was wearing a red dress. I decided to show her wearing that dress on the card.
This Safta (the Hebrew word for Grandmother), below, has received my cards before. I have previously shown her making her famous chicken soup and outside her new holiday apartment in the Mediterranean resort city of Netanya. This time her daughter-in-law told me that Safta plays the card game Solitaire on her iPad every evening. I have shown her busy with her iPad and added some cushions and a few scattered playing cards in the background.
I am told that Safta loved the card.
Friday evening marks the start of Pesach, or Passover, and my family and I will celebrate the Passover Seder. You can read more about it in two of my previous posts here and here. 'Chag Pesach Sameach', a happy Passover festival, to all celebrating.

* This post has been shared on Wordless Wednesday Link Up, Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop, Wednesdays Around the World, Little Things Thursday and Creatively Crafty.

14 comments:

Pieni Lintu said...

So nice!

Miss Val's Creations said...

These came out great Lisa!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Happy Passover!

VeggieMummy said...

Great cards. I can't think why but I'm suddenly craving Hendricks! xx

krishna said...

wow! excellent!

Tamar SB said...

Love them both! Have a great Pesach (:

Meditations in Motion said...

Such a pretty card! I think that would be an unusual request! :)

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

You have done a great job representing her best friend, she looks happy and wonderful! The birthday card for Safta is great, I can easily imagine her playing Solitaire in her living room.

-Soma

Claire's World said...

Such a lovely card Lisa. I love red dresses too :) Thanks for sharing at The Wednesday Blog Hop :)

Anne said...

Happy Passover! I have a friend who would love a card like your lady in red, that's really fabulous. So is the Safta card, captured perfectly.
#mmbc

Kim Carberry said...

What lovely cards! #MMBC

handmade by amalia said...

I'm so behind with my blog reading that I didn't get here in time to wish you Happy Passover. Hope you're having a lovely holiday and getting out and about now that the weather is nice and warm.
Amalia
xo

Sum of their Stories said...

More beautiful cards Lisa, I love how personal you make these.

Tamar SB said...

Love the details in the ice!

Shareaholic