Sunday 23 June 2019

Let's spend the day together!

A customer wrote to tell me to tell me that she was going to surprise her dad for his birthday by turning up at breakfast on his birthday in Prague, where he was going to be holidaying. She wanted to be able to creep up behind him at breakfast and ask him if he dropped something, then hand him one of my cards. It would be nice to have a birthday card that has something to do with Prague on it, she added.
It sounded like a great idea!
My customer sent me a lovely photo of her and her dad. I based my paper portraits of them on that picture and added a little image of Prague too, along with some balloons to give the card a birthday theme.
My customer was thrilled with it. "It's amazing!" she wrote and remarked how much it looked like both of them.
My own dad celebrated his birthday back in April and I decided to make a papercut card for his big day. I simply cut out the word 'Dad' in script from white stock and lined the card with a bright orange paper inlay. He's a good dad and always comments on my cards, so I know it was appreciated.

11 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

What a wonderful birthday surprise and a fantastic card to go with it. I bet your Dad treasures your cards. xx

Miss Val's Creations said...

What an adorable scene that must have been with your customer surprising dad! Beautiful work for your own dad.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I lost my dad to cancer when I was 14 but think about him often. I'd love to surprise him one morning with a card and go spend the day with him. Beautiful cards as usual.

Villrose said...

Nice! And a lovely surprise.
Wish my daughter would surprise me this way :)

Junieper/Jesh said...

Always great to see close relationships in families! My guess birthdays are different when a family is small or when it's big, but it's great when it's spent together! Still am thinking about your post last week how you spent your birthday-that was really awesome! Thank you for sharing the personal details of your customers with All Seasons. Have a great summer week!

Cheryl | TimeToCraft said...

I'm not sure what I'd choose for Prague, but I think you found a perfect way to represent it. The two figures look so happy. I love your Dad's card. So intricate. #MMBC

Tamar SB said...

How wonderful of her to surprise him!

alid said...

What a lovely moment to be a part of. The card is lovely.
#MMBC

Anne said...

Both cards are beautiful in their own way. I do love that the daughter sprung a surprise visit to her Dad on holiday though, I hope it went to plan.
#mmbc

Stephanie 139a said...

Both cards are great - love the surprise that came with the first. Dad's are always pretty special aren't they? Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

Claire Justine said...

Lovely cards Lisa. you are very creative.

Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Creative Mondays.

Shareaholic