Thursday 23 January 2020

Football and Travelling

A new customer asked me to make a birthday card for her husband. He loves football and supports Manchester United, she told me. He also likes cats, travelling and 80s music, his favourite singer being Morrissey. She sent me some pictures of her husband and told me that wearing a bandanna is "his Israel look". He, quite sensibly I must add, always wears the headscarf here. I also received photos of their cats so that I could try and match the colour and pattern of their fur. I am not sure I got their look quite as accurately as I did Ian's though!
I have shown Ian wearing a black Morrissey T-shirt and a matching black bandanna. He is holding a football and the badge of his favourite team is behind him. I added an aeroplane and a globe, to represent his love of travel, and of course the cats made an appearance too.
Ian's wife posted the card on Facebook and wrote "Thank you so much for Ian’s birthday card. Was a huge hit!". He replied "Love it... My life on a card!" "The likeness is amazing".
Mizzie and her husband have just been on a fabulous holiday to Brazil. Her husband sent me a photo of his wife at the Iguaçu Falls on the border between Brazil and Argentina, and asked me to recreate the picture out of paper.
It was a relatively easy request and he was happy with the result. "Looks great!" he wrote to me.
Sometimes less is more.

13 comments:

Michele Morin said...

Perfectly personalized!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

You capture each individual so well

VeggieMummy said...

I think the cats are great and you've definitely got humans down to a fine art! xx

ashok said...

Very creative!

Jayne said...

I love how every one of your cards is so unique! Loving the Morrissey t/shirt! x

Penny @ Penny's Passion said...

These cards are fabulous! It would be so fun to get one.

riitta k said...

The portrait is just like the handsome model - great work!

Miss Val's Creations said...

These are both amazing Lisa! The cats came out adorably!

junieper/jesh said...

From the waterfall background, I can see you would be an excellent watercolorist! i agree a 100% Morrissey's likeness is stunning! Bravo Lisa, excellent work! Thank you for sharing these two remarkable cards with All Seasons! Wishing you accomplish much this week:)

Shiju Sugunan said...

Cards are so artsy!

Sakuranko said...

Oh so cute cards sweetehaert
xx

Claire Justine said...

Your cards are great Lisa. So creative and arty.

Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at 5 Adorable Photos Of The Penguins At Twycross Zoo: welcome to the weekend link-up.

Hope you can join us tomorrow :)

Teresa B said...

I love how you manage to make the images in your cards resemble so much the actual persons.
Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party. Pinned.

Shareaholic