Thursday 20 February 2020

Panda

A new customer loved the way I had illustrated her friend Marjorie's dog on the picture I made for Marjorie's 50th birthday. She contacted me and asked me to make a portrait of her dog, Panda. Panda is a collie, one of my favourite breeds, so I was of course excited to make this piece!
Panda's owner was keen to point out all her features. Her cutest parts are the white leaf on her head, the tufts of fur under her ears and her tiny eyelashes, she said. She also wanted me to illustrate Panda's hot pink, paw-shaped tag on her collar and to show Panda sitting down. Rather than simply using a flat colour as the background, I suggested that I show her sitting in grass.
I absolutely loved working on this piece, though Panda's tiny little eyelashes were perhaps the smallest piece of paper I have ever cut! They were important to my customer. "She is female, after all!" she said. The picture was well received and my customer was keen to get it framed. (My photo simply shows how it looks in a frame. It is just a mock-up.)
If anyone is interested in their own pet portrait, I'd love to hear from you! This piece fitted a 13x18cm frame but I am able to work in all sizes. Please contact me for pricing.

18 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Panda came out to beautifully Lisa! The eyelashes are such an adorable finishing touch.

Natalie said...

Beautiful art work you've done, Lisa. Panda's owner must be pleased. #lovin'lifelinky

Tamar SB said...

That's a beautiful piece of art!!

annies home said...

what a beautiful picture thanks for sharing
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I am so impressed. Your work is always beautiful but this one of a kind art is truly beautiful.

Jo Tracey said...

This is just gorgeous & the collie's colouring is made for the design. #teamlovinlife

italiafinlandia said...

You are really talented! Panda is lovely, especially its muzzle and eyes!

riitta k said...

The dog card is simply wonderfulö z3

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

She looks so cute!
You have really succeeded in creating a very real, "alive" dog.
All Collies are wonderful dogs. :)

Jayne @ Life On The Lock said...

This is just beautiful Lisa! I can see these pet portraits being a huge hit! x

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wow, beautiful!

Claire Justine said...

Aww Lisa. Your card is beautiful. It made me smile so much when I saw your post on Instagram yesterday and you knew why too, as Panda looks a lot like my Mollie too :) :) You are so talented. Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Welcome To The Weekend Blog Hop: Fresh Flowers Friday. Have a great week and we hope to see you today or Wednesday for our next linky.

Kim Carberry said...

Collie's are such amazing dogs. My family had a few when I was a child. You have captured so much detail. The little eyelashes are adorable. x

junieper/Jesh said...

Wow, this collie really shows off your skill with the knife and scissors, Lisa! There must be real satisfaction, in being able to do this so well! The eye lashes, am glad you mentioned, for aI didn't even see them before! As always, always interesting to share with us at All Seasons what your customers ask you to make! Have an accomplished week:)

Powell River Books said...

A beautiful result. - Margy

Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit said...

How gorgeous!!! He looks a bit like my dog Alfie

likeschocolate said...

Panda is so cute!

chilan said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

Hương Lâm chuyên cung cấp máy photocopy, chúng tôi cung cấp máy photocopy ricoh, toshiba, canon, sharp, đặc biệt chúng tôi có cung cấp máy photocopy màu uy tín, giá rẻ nhất.

Shareaholic