Monday 27 July 2020

Emuna's Album

I have had very few orders for albums lately for obvious reasons. Covid-19 has meant small or no Bar or Bat Mitzvah parties, though my albums are still great for collecting photos and other mementos of the occasion together. Emuna managed to celebrate her Bat Mitzvah back in June and her mum put an order in for her album long before all this madness began.
Emuna's hobbies include playing the keyboard and playing volleyball. She likes pandas and pizza, pasta and Coke. Her favourite colour is pink and she wanted to be shown wearing a pink top. She actually had a very clear idea how she wanted to appear on the cover of her album. I was to show her playing the keyboard, with a panda sitting next to her. She also wanted some music notes dotted around and specifically requested them in two corners of the album as well.
No problem!
The gold lettering on the album says Emuna Bat Mitzvah and the Hebrew date of her celebration.
When you read a Hebrew book you open the rightmost page and flip pages until you get to the leftmost page (just the opposite of an English book). This album opens the Hebrew way. I decorated 5 pages inside it. The first page showed Emuna's keyboard once again, followed by a little waving panda, then music notes and a treble clef. I made a page showing her favourite pizza, pasta and Coke and finally, the last page shows Emuna's turquoise volleyball, which mum sent me a photo of. Each page has a pink quaver on it as well.
Mum wrote to tell me that Emuna was very happy with her album, as her sisters had been before her. I made an album for Avital back in 2016 and Tehilla in 2018. They have another sister and I look forward to making an album for her as well, to complete the set!
In the meantime, I would love to make some more albums. Please take a look at the listing for them in my shop and be in touch if you would like one as a keepsake of your special occasion.
* This post has been shared on The Good. The Random. The Fun. and Creatively Crafty.

8 comments:

Jo (A Rose Tinted World) said...

What a lovely card that is sure to be treasured. #MMBC

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

It's such a shame how many traditional milestones have been lost or downplayed during the pandemic. Lovely gift as usual. #MMBC

Kim Carberry said...

What a lovely gift. I love the design, it looks so fun and cheery x

Tom said...

...play me a tune Emuna.

Cheryl said...

I love that you were able to incorporate all her ideas in the album. I hope she had a good day. #mmbc

VeggieMummy said...

How sad that so many special occasions have had to be sidelined during the pandemic. I'm sure your album will be a treasured keepsake. It has such detail and I love the panda. xx

Anne said...

I love your albums. It's so sweet how you take things from the cover and place them on different pages.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

What a lucky quartet of sisters to have these special albums (or soon to have for the youngest). I can imagine the lifetime memories each one will bring. I like how your creations celebrate each girl’s individual character and personality ... important for everyone, but I imagine even more so for a family of sisters close in age.

Shareaholic