Thursday 17 September 2020

Esther's Studio

Esther is a wonderful newborn, maternity and family photographer who works under the name Joyous Moments Photography. Her goal, her facebook page says, is to capture the small, simple and very moving moments and, having seen many of her adorable baby photos, I know she does just that!
Esther's husband contacted me and asked if I could make a sign for her studio door. She had expressed a desire for one as a birthday present. He suggested a picture of Esther taking a photograph, with the words "Esther's Studio" at the bottom of the sign. He wanted me to include the logo of her business as well. In addition, Esther loves flowers and uses a lot in her sessions, he told me.
I created this 21x30cm piece showing Esther holding her camera, with the strap around her neck. Having met her personally, I know that she favours patterned clothing, so I tried to match her style of clothes carefully. A baby is in a basket next to her and the reflector umbrella she uses in her work is on the left. She is surrounded by sunflowers and hydrangeas, her favourite flowers. A small version of her business logo is in the top right corner and the words "Esther's Studio" run along the bottom of the sign.
Esther was thrilled with her new custom-made door sign."I really love it! Thank you so much. You did a great job" she wrote to me. "The thing that always amazes me is that you can always recognise the person in your work."
I met Esther a few years ago at a local small business networking group and we are now in several Facebook small business groups together. She was kind enough to write the following review in a couple of those groups:
"Not many businesses have come out unscathed from the crazy corona pandemic. For my birthday I really wanted to support a local small business.
I gave my husband a friendly nudge in Lisa Isaacs direction. I have been admiring her papercut art for some time. I love her attention to detail. Between them they came up with this great sign for my studio. I absolutely love it. I love that it is personalised and one of a kind.
Thank you Lisa.
If you can support a small business though this difficult time then go for it..."
* This post has been shared on Little Things Thursday, Creatively Crafty and All Seasons.

PoCoLo

11 comments:

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

What a great idea - your personalized art as a business sign! Fantastic

Tamar SB said...

Oh that is so cool! What a great personalized piece.

Joanne said...

That is so cute and I just love the little baby that Ester is photographing too.

VeggieMummy said...

What a brilliant sign. I'm so glad that her husband took the hint! xx

This is where it is at said...

Amazing sign, such talent X #mmbc

A Bit of the Blarney said...

What a wonderful gift you have and the sign is grand! Have a wonderful weekend!

Jayne said...

Oh, this is just brilliant Lisa! You are so talented. I can see why Esther is so pleased with her sign. x

Cheryl said...

This makes such a lovely studio sign. I love that she is on it. As clients enter her studio, they already have a feel for who she is and how the experience will turn out. So clever. Putting her in the picture, rather than behind the lens, just for once. #mmbc

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That really is perfect! A one of a kind sign is something to treasure and a true work of art!

junieper/Jesh said...

What an attractive sign, Lisa. Am sure this will attract some customers:) Love all the details you so carefully have chosen. The baby in the middle gives it a balance between business and cuteness:):) You really did an excellent job here, and many thanks for sharing it with All Seasons! Have a great business week, Jesh

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

That is the best... supporting each other so perfectly.

Shareaholic