Monday 30 November 2020

30 Years and 60 Years

This couple were celebrating 30 years of marriage, the Pearl wedding anniversary. The "bride" asked me to make a card based on their wedding photo. I carefully matched the groom's grey suit and the pink carnation in his lapel. The bride's dress, with all its lace, was a little more complicated but I managed with some help from Adobe Photoshop. Her flowers, she told me, were peachy pink so I made sure to include those colours in her hair and bouquet.
Around the same time the bride's parents were celebrating 60 years of marriage, their Diamond anniversary. (An interesting aside, in the United Kingdom the diamond was a well known symbol for the 75th anniversary, but this changed to the now more common 60th anniversary after Queen Victoria's 60 years on the throne was widely marked as her Diamond Jubilee.) Once again I received their wedding photo and recreated it in paper. This groom was in top hat and, I presume, tails, whilst his bride also had some lace on her dress and a beautiful big veil. Their daughter sent me some favourite photos of her parents over the years which I added to the card as well.
Her parents loved it.
JENerally Informed

13 comments:

Catherine said...

What a lovely idea to recreate their wedding photo as a card!

#MMBC

Unique creations by Anita said...

This is super cute.

Tamar SB said...

The little details make these specatular!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

How wonderful to celebrate significant anniversaries and I know they loved your pretty card. #MMBC

Kim Carberry said...

What a pretty card and happy anniversary to the couples. x

VeggieMummy said...

Beautiful cards and I love the way that you incorporated the photos. xx

Joanne said...

Those cards turned out great and I think it is so neat that they were both celebrating milestone anniversaries. #MMBC

Lalka Crochetka said...

special cards for special anniversary! only you can make it sooo exquisite!

Stewart M said...

Nice idea. I have a few years to go before I (we) can get either card!

Cheers - and stay safe - Stewart M - Melbourne

Anne said...

Such beautiful and personal cards. congratulations to both couples. If I even made it to my 30th Wedding Anniversary it would be on my 80th birthday...something to think about!

handmade by amalia said...

Such sweet cards, Lisa. An indication that life does go on.
Amalia
xo

likeschocolate said...

I love how you put so much detail into your cards! Happy Holidays! Wishing you a fabulous 2021!

Naush said...

Truly such an elegant card, Lisa.
Simply love it.
Thank you for sharing with us at Meraki Link Party.
Naush

Shareaholic