Monday 5 April 2021

Gavriel's Album

Gavriel celebrated his Bar Mitzvah in March and his mum asked me to make him an album. She told me that her son plays the guitar, loves computer games and that his favourite colour is green. He likes reading - especially Harry Potter - and his favourite food is pizza and chips. Gavriel and his mum had spotted Daniel's album here on my blog and asked me if I could show Gavriel in the same camouflage print T-shirt and wearing tefillin.
I have shown Gavriel playing his guitar and wearing the requested tefillin, which Jewish men start to wear around the time of their Bar Mitzvah. Tefillin (sometimes called phylacteries) are cubic black leather boxes containing four hand-written texts from the Bible, with leather straps that are worn on the head and arm during weekday morning prayers. Gavriel is left handed, so he is wearing them on the bicep of his right arm and on his head, with the two leather straps hanging down over his shoulders.
I included a laptop computer on the cover of the album to represent Gavriel's love of computer games and added the covers of two of his favourite Harry Potter books as well. His favourite pizza and chips are there too.
The colour scheme for the Bar Mitzvah was green and navy so I added a navy background and a green border around the cover of the album. The gold lettering says Gavriel's Bar Mitzvah and the Hebrew date of the celebration in both English and Hebrew.
I decorated five pages inside the album. The first page shows Gavriel's guitar once again, followed by a laptop computer, then some tiny chips in a red takeaway box and a slice of cheese and tomato pizza. A page featured Gavriel's Bar Mitzvah logo, which was based on the Magen David or Star of David. Finally, the last page shows the Sorting Hat, the sentient hat at Hogwarts that magically determines which of the four school Houses each new student belongs most to. I also included a wand and the covers of Gavriel's two favourite Harry Potter books once again.
Gavriel's mum seemed delighted with the album when she collected it and I was thrilled to receive the fabulous photo of him proudly showing it off, top. "He is so happy with it! And I absolutely love it!" mum wrote to me.
If you too would like an album, please take a look at the listing for it in my shop then get in touch to order a wonderful keepsake of your special occasion.
My Random Musings
PoCoLo

17 comments:

Tamar SB said...

That is so lovely! Mazal tov Gavriel!

Kim Carberry said...

This is so cool. What a lucky boy to receive such a lovely gift. x

tiredbutcraftymummy said...

The album looks amazing. What a special place to keep all his special Barmitzvah memories. #MMBC

Lalka Crochetka said...

your projects always amaze me! love it <3

VeggieMummy said...

Wonderful attention to detail. I suddenly have pizza cravings! xx

Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) said...

I do love all the attention to detail on your creations. This is such a lovely album and what a lovely Bar Mitzvah gift. #MMBC

Anne said...

It doesn't matter how much of your work I see I'm never failed to be impressed. I love your pizza and chips, and the guitar is great. Thanks for explaining about the tefillin, I was wondering about the straps and head band. Well done, fabulous work.
#mmbc

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

so many wonderful details - I love all your work #MMBC

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

That album is wonderful .. definitely a keep-forever lifetime gift for this very special occasion.

Joanne said...

What a fabulous book you've made that will help him forever remember his very special day.

Meditations in Motion said...

You certainly managed to capture the spirit and image of Gavriel in this album. Well done!

Shiju Sugunan said...

Meticulous bespoke creation as always. I am sure the boy would have loved the gift.

Thea said...

Thank you so much for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party. Not only you have an amazing talent, your posts are educational too. I got to learn about the Hebrew calendar this time, and I loved it.
Have a wonderful weekend!

betty-NZ said...

I can see his smile behind the mask! What a handsome and happy young man!

It's terrific to see you at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

handmade by amalia said...

Your attention to detail always amazes me. I'm sure Gavriel will treasure his album.
Amalia
xo

Jayne said...

I can see why Gavriel's mum was so happy with the album. It looks fab. I love how you have decorated the corners of the pages. x

Chickenruby said...

This is so delightful and love that he is modelling with his card. Thanks for linking with #pocolo sorry for the late response with commenting

Shareaholic