Wednesday 3 February 2010

Penguins

I have two papercut pictures of penguins in my shop, one of which was recently voted as a favourite in an online blog competition. It seems that my youngest son, who loves to draw, was inspired by them and decided to create his own version.
He really is a very talented artist, even if I say so myself, but along with that talent comes the artistic temperament! If the picture that he is working on does not come out exactly as he wants it to, he is quick to throw it away. Fortunately on this occasion I rescued his penguin sketches before they were disposed of. I told him that I thought they were beautiful. He did not agree. Until he saw what I did with them!
I loved the free flowing lines of the sketches and realised that they would make a beautiful picture for his bedroom. I carefully traced his drawings, cut the shapes out of paper and reproduced them as a colourful picture, changing nothing at all but simply adding a couple of icebergs for a background.
My son finally agrees that his penguins were good after all and I am wondering when he can start working for me!

6 comments:

ambette said...

Ohh that's so cute!

dottycookie said...

What a lovely idea! I've embroidered drawings before but the colours in your picture are wonderful!

Laurie said...

Aw, you're awesome mom!

LizzieJane said...

I love his penguins and how lovely that you made them into cards. Better be careful Lisa or he just might take over your job!
x

Tak said...

What a fantastic idea! So cute!

cabin + cub said...

So cute! Love how you worked on the penguin illustrations together!

Shareaholic