Sunday 21 February 2010

Sweet Little Things

Surprisingly, even to me, most of the customised cards I have shown here over the last couple of months have been for boys and young men, always a subject that I have to work that little bit harder at. The last cards that I blogged about specifically made for us girls were for the netball-playing, salsa-dancing twins back in December. A special request for a "Dora and Boots card" last week changed all that though and I was able to create a special birthday card for a sweet little girl who loves the American animated television series 'Dora the Explorer'. My boys enjoyed the series when it first hit our televisions screens a few years ago so I am familiar with the characters and enjoyed re-creating them in paper form.
The birthday girl's big sister wanted a special card for her and her brother to write too. I suggested a little portrait of their ginger-haired sister and very specific requests were made for her to be shown holding a pink heart-shaped balloon with red on the outside and lots more hearts! The Hebrew greeting says 'To the Best Sister in the World'.
Whilst we are on the topic of sweet little things, I am an avid reader of the decorating magazine 'Good Homes'. My husband treated me to a subscription several years ago and I have continued to enjoy it ever since. In a recent issue there was a delicious and simple recipe for Saffron's brownies and I decided to make them as a calorie-laden weekend treat for all the family. The resulting brownies were delicious, if a little undercooked, which didn't bother the kids at all because it meant they were all gooey inside when a bite was taken from them! Definitely a sweet little treat which I will make again.
Finally, a short while ago I received a message from Nicole at http://iloveetsy.knitnicoleknit.ca/ informing me that she had recently featured my Japanese Woman Papercut Picture on her site. This particular picture of mine seems to get a lot of attention and a little more publicity is always very much appreciated. Thanks Nicole! The featured picture can be seen below.

6 comments:

Annette said...

The card are just adorable and the brownies are making me hungry! Gooey brownies are the best!

Linda B said...

Lisa,
The cards are beautiful and now I'd love to have some brownies.

Linda B.

Anonymous said...

Cute cards! I must make those brownies :)

LizzieJane said...

Wonderful cards again Lisa. I am not surprised your Japanese woman paper cut is getting a lot of attention. It is one of my favorites. Yummy brownies. Makes me want to go and bake some!
x

love those cupcakes said...

Fab cards and love those brownies!

Renee, aka mamacooker said...

I love your creations!

Shareaholic