Wednesday 17 February 2010

Treasure Boxes

A couple of weeks ago I took a table at a fund-raising event at our local cultural centre. The event was arranged by the kids at the high school that my boys will hopefully eventually go to and I was happy to support it. The kids put on a show in the concert hall and arranged sales tables in the gallery upstairs. I haven't mentioned the fund-raiser here before because sadly, for the seven talented craftspeople and fellow parents selling their goods there, it was a non-event. No-one seemed to know that we were hiding upstairs in the gallery and no-one sold very much at all! We all had a lovely time together though and it is always fun bonding with people who understand and appreciate what you do.
I had prepared quite a lot of cards for the sale - never a bad thing because I now have plenty of stock at home - and also had fun making these little treasure boxes, which did not return home with me that evening. The last time I had taken part in the very same event my little boxes proved very popular with the girls and I had had a few requests for something for the boys too. Football is always a winner and the slightly scruffy little character that I created seemed to work well with that theme. The lady who purchased my boxes told me that her boys would have to complete their sticker charts before receiving their gift. I hope that they have earned them by now and are enjoying filling their boxes up with all kinds of 'treasure'. There are more Treasure Boxes available in my shop.

8 comments:

Christie Cottage said...

Your cards and your treaure boxes are so cute!

Thanks for posting on my promo thread.

http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Super cute! Your characters are so adorable!

LizzieJane said...

Doesn't every girl and boy need a treasure box...these are wonderful Lisa. Perfect for hiding all kinds of secret treasures.
x

missknits said...

what cool treasure boxes!!

Southern Belle said...

Like the treasure boxes

LuliBags said...

What a lovely idea. I really like these.

LuliBags said...

What a lovely idea. I really like these.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

The treasure boxes are gorgeous Lisa! Just what every busy little boy needs to store his special items.

Your Dora the Explorer card is also sweet - my kids loved that series when they were younger.

Shareaholic