Sunday 15 July 2018

Emmy's Album

Some pieces are just extra fun to work on because the customer is so enthusiastic. Their enthusiasm becomes infectious. This album, which I created for Emmy's Bat Mitzvah last month, was one such piece. Emmy's mum was full of ideas for the cover of her daughter's album and it was great fun discussing it with her.
Emmy loves to paint and draw, and she especially likes creating mandalas, one of which was on her Bat Mitzvah invitation. She loves her phone, Snapchat, WhatsApp and Instagram. She likes going to the mall and shopping, she is into music, and she also studies and always has her desk in order. Emmy wanted me to include the family's toy poodle, Aish, on the cover as well. Finally, she was keen for me to show her wearing her favourite jean shorts and a white T-shirt, and her much loved white adidas sneakers with black stripes.
I have shown Emmy sitting down with Aish on her knees. She is wearing the requisite white T-shirt, jean shorts and her adidas shoes. In her hand she is holding a picture of a mandala (this was the actual mandala on Emmy's Bat Mitzvah invitation). Next to her are some headphones and some music notes. Her phone is in front of her (the screensaver is a picture of Emmy!), along with some art materials. Emmy’s name is in English at the top and בת המצווה של אמונה (Emunah's Bat Mitzvah) is below.
Emmy's album opens the Hebrew way, from right to left. The lettering is in silver and the background box black, to match the colour scheme of her Bat Mitzvah celebration. There are also black and silver flowers in two corners of the cover.
I decorated five pages inside the album. Each page has a silver flower on it, then, clockwise from the left, I showed Emmy with her friends, Emmy's phone along with the logos of all of her favourite apps, some paints, brushes, pencils and paper to illustrate her love of painting and drawing, and then a page with headphones and music notes on it. On the opening page of the album, above, I showed Emmy with her baby brother. According to her mum, "She loooooves her baby brother and is like a mom to him" so I made to sure to add the duo on the first page. Mum in fact loves this little paper illustration so much that she has saved it on her phone!
Emmy and her mum were clearly thrilled with the album I created for her Bat Mitzvah. Mum left me a wonderful review on my Facebook business page:
"The Bat Mitzvah sign in book that Lisa made for my daughter absolutely blew us away!!! She captured my daughter perfectly down to her dog, baby brother and adidas shoes!!! Thank you so much!!! Was an excellent addition to our simcha!!!"
Sunday Snap

8 comments:

Anne said...

Wow Lisa, you never fail to amaze me with your exquisite detail, what an amazing album. I can understand why your customer was thrilled. x
#sundaysnap

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Another great piece of art for your customers. I always look forward to visiting your blog and seeing what's new.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Love it! Those shoes are fabulous. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Christy said...

What a beautiful album. The attention to detail is fantastic - I feel like I know Emmy just from looking at it. #MMBC

Tamar SB said...

I love how you never leave out any details!

jeannettestgermain said...

Just can see the replies Emmy's mom got on her FB page! You told me once about being detailed (in reading your posts), but I think you can shake my hand, sister:) Can't recall if you had two sons and no daughter? - maybe making cards with all these girly details, make up for it...
Masterful job, Blog Friend!
Not to forget appreciated for your All Seasons share!

NCSue said...

Hi Lisa - I put a bit more info about the whimsical birds I shared this week along with the web site for the shop where I saw them. I wish I could give you more info, but at least it's a place to start. Check the comments at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/07/a-bit-of-avian-whimsey.html

Jibberjabberuk said...

That's such a nice way to put all the memories of such a special occasion in. There are so many personal touches in there.

Shareaholic