Tuesday 24 June 2008

More custom cards

Goodness, it's been a while. My father has been to visit us, but I have still had time for some crafting and fulfilling some card orders.
First up was a card for a Grandfather, or Saba in Hebrew. I was asked to illustrate his (many) grandchildren and also his love of computers.
The next cards are also for a Grandfather, Zeide (from the Yiddish, meaning “grandfather” or “old man”), for a special birthday this time, and therefore cards were required from all the family, and they were to all look different! This Grandfather is, from left to right, a lifelong rugby fan, a wonderful Grandfather to his youngest grandson, and loves to barbeque.

Lastly, I was asked to prepare a large card for my youngest son's nursery teacher, or gannenet (the Hebrew term for a nursery or kindergarten teacher), for the end of year party. I created drawer labels for all the kids at the beginning of the school year, so I had photographs of them all on my computer. I decorated the card with pictures of all the children round the edge (which for obvious reasons I have not shown) and added my own illustration of the spikey-haired teacher and some of the kids. I hope that she will be pleased with it. The Hebrew lettering at the top says "Thank you Nurit".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I have had a little lesson in Hebrew! My daughters name is Freya and I call her Freyde sometimes...which I am told is a Yiddish name...is that true?....by the way...The cards are fabulous! Jen

julie said...

Wow, you have been busy - lovely lovely work!! xx

Shareaholic