Sunday 5 July 2009

School's Out For Summer

I may not be able to blog quite so regularly for the next few weeks. The kids have finished school for their two month summer break. Yikes! They were home for a couple of days last week, but have gone off today to their Kaytana, or summer camp, so I still have my mornings free for creating for at least the next three weeks. After that, we'll have to see...
A few weeks ago a family friend from England was holidaying in Israel. She came to see us for the evening and proudly showed me photographs on her digital camera of some beautiful handmade cards that she had made. I was therefore flattered when she asked me to create a special birthday card for a good friend who was soon to celebrate her 70th birthday. They studied nursing together some years ago, so she asked me to illustrate her blue-eyed, blond-haired friend's nursing career, but also wanted me to include the fact that she practices yoga and enjoys music. It was a lot of fun to create this card, and I do hope that it made the birthday girl smile.
I recently started going to a local women's networking group which meets every two weeks. This morning it is my turn to talk for a short time about my business and the cards and pictures that I create. Public speaking is not exactly my favourite thing, but on the other hand it is rather nice to have the opportunity to show others what I make. Wish me luck. It will probably all be over by the time you have read this post.

6 comments:

Linda B said...

Great card. And, you'll be fine speaking to the group. Tell us how it goes.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Hope your talk went well! I am sure your cards and products speak well for themselves. Hope you make some valuable contacts as part of the group. Enjoy the summer break with your children home. We have a 2 week school holiday now - it is wonderful to be able to sleep in!

Anonymous said...

best of luck Lisa with your talk, it sounds like a great thing to do & just love the yoga position :)

Laurie said...

It is so awesome how you can do such incredibly personalized cards!

Jenny said...

Good luck with the talk. Better you than me! Let us know how you went. We're only three days away from school holidays around here. I can't wait to hold my little boy tight and not let him out of my sight. I always want him with me and not at school!

LizzieJane said...

Best of luck at your talk. I am afraid talking in front of people is one of my least favorite things to do. In fact I think I would rather visit the dentist if given a choice!.
Love the card Lisa, as always you come up with the best ideas.
x

Shareaholic