Wednesday 11 November 2009

Birthdays and Bar Mitzvahs

Whilst we were celebrating my son's ninth birthday, someone else was celebrating her 40th. I was asked to make a special birthday card that was very girly and full of sparkle! I am not such a sparkly person myself, but I really went with the theme and enjoyed putting together the flowers, clothes, bows and other feminine items. I hope that the card was well received.Apparently the sister of this Bar Mitzvah boy received a card made by me a couple of years ago when she had her Bat Mitzvah, and the family still remember it. This time, for her brother, I was asked to make something "sophisticated, but also artistic and creative". I was also asked to put his name on the card in Hebrew. The family are religious so I added a Tallit, the Jewish prayer shawl worn in the synagogue on Shabbat and holidays, and while reciting morning prayers, along with a Sefer Torah (Torah scroll) and kippa (skullcap). I hope that this card will be appreciated as much as the Bat Mitzvah one seems to have been.
Yesterday I was delighted to receive a convo from Rutik letting me know that she had included one of my Treasure Boxes in an etsy Treasury. I was very pleased to see it there, on the second row, left-hand side. I haven't seen my work in a Treasury for a little while now, so was thrilled to see it placed alongside some other lovely items. Thanks for including me, Ruth.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards..have enjoyed my wee visit to your blog :)

Anonymous said...

It is a pleasure
thank you for mention my collection

Rutik

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Well done on the treasury mention! I love your Treasure boxes - my kids would have loved those when they were small. We used an IKEA box with little drawers instead to house all their little treasures.

orlydesign said...

Lovely cards !
Thank you so much for featuring Rutik's beautiful treasury !

and... thanks Rutik for including my Hanukiya in your treasury !

Orlydesign

Jenny said...

The treasury looks fabulous. So does your sales on your Etsy store. Well done!

julie said...

congrats and well deserved!!

Fernanda Frick said...

Your cards look awesome! Lol, I sometimes have to draw/make some overly girly stuff, when I'm definatly not, but becomes fun for some reason :)

Shareaholic