Thursday 17 March 2011

Who is this man?

This card was made for a local guy who recently celebrated his birthday and I was pretty pleased with the likeness that I achieved. I really do think that it looks quite a lot like the birthday boy himself! That being the case, I've decided that it's time for a bit of fun! If any of my local readers can guess who this card was made for, leave a comment and we'll see how many of you are right! (If you're not local, please do leave a comment anyway - I'm always very happy to hear from you!). In the meantime, I'll give you a few clues and tell you a bit about our mystery person.
This fellow loves to run and has just finished his first marathon. He sings (thus the microphone in his hands whilst running!) and is a fan of The Boston Redsox baseball team. He writes for a profession, has black and grey curly hair and wears a kippah. His wife also mentioned to me that he is very thin. Her words not mine!
Can you guess who he is?
This past week my boys have been celebrating the upcoming festival of Purim at school and the annual Purim parade will pass through our city streets tomorrow. I took on the responsibility of decorating my youngest son's classroom in honour of the festival and, after a meeting with my small committee, it was decided that we would go with a seaside theme.  We hung buckets and spades, beach balls and surfboards from the classroom ceiling and I decided to add my own little personal touch and crafted some paper seagulls too (below).
They were based on a beautiful wooden mobile that my eldest son received when he was born, which still hangs in his room, and I reworked the design a little to make my gulls a little simpler but, I hope, equally effective.
One of my favourite cards was recently featured on the EtsyGreetings blog. Team members were asked to submit a photo of their current favourite card and I was happy to see my chosen design appear on the blog a few days later. Some lovely comments were made about it too, which made it even better! The card, Step into Spring, is currently available in my shop.

5 comments:

Meeling said...

Fun card...as always! I'm afraid I have no idea who it is...be curious to see how many know.

Those birds are very cool!!

Anonymous said...

okay, i figured out where to comment.

is it Paul Kaye?

i'm not sure at all, just guessing with your clues :-)

Anonymous said...

Nomi's guess: EZ

FadedGrandeur said...

I love the way you have made the card so personal! I'm afraid I don't know him personally....

Love your seagulls!

Sudha said...

Wow, another lovely creation.

Shareaholic