Sunday 17 July 2011

The Nurses Collection

A customer who is unfortunately going through some pretty rough medical treatment at the moment asked me to make some thank you cards for her nurses. She seems to be happy with the care that she is receiving because there are a whole series of cards! I'll start with the first two that I created.
The nurse illustrated above was described to me as slim, with short dark hair. She wears a white nurses jacket and trousers and often puts her dark green square glasses on the top of her head. My customer asked me to add needles, drips, bandages, tape, pills etc. to the background.
Obviously I have never met this particular nurse yet it seems that my little portrait of her was pretty accurate. My customer e-mailed to tell me that "Chavi looks exactly like the real Chavi!". A good guess on my part.
A similar card was requested for another nurse. This time I was told that she should be wearing a beige sleeveless vest, flared trousers and high platform clogs. This nurse has long blonde hair, which she wears in a pony tail, and blue eyes. Once again I added needles, tape and blood samples to illustrate her profession.
I made three more cards for this wonderfully keen customer who seems to be my biggest fan at the moment! I am not sure that they have all been delivered yet so will give you just a little taste of them for now. Intrigued? Pop back at a later date to see the full picture!

3 comments:

Sudha said...

Wow nice creations. Ur customer will luv these cute creations.

LittleCloud said...

It's so cute ! Especially lil' medical stuffs ! : )

Leeya Engel said...

really touching - adorable cards!

Shareaholic