Tuesday 27 October 2015

Ladybirds and Rabbits

A customer liked the anniversary card that I made for Mister Handmade in Israel. She and her husband were soon to be celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary so she asked me if I could create a similar card but one which included the number 20. She also asked me to add a ladybird, a heart and the letters jprose, the couple's "trademark". After a last minute change of mind about the card being in Hebrew or English, I cut this by hand from white stock and lined it with a bordeaux-coloured paper inlay. My customer was very happy with the card.
"Thank you for the card" she wrote to me in Hebrew. "It came out beautifully. I am ready to order now for our 25th anniversary in 5 years time ."

Those of you who know a little about the world of papercutting will have heard of Paper Panda. Paper Panda, otherwise known as Louise Firchau, is a UK based papercutting artist who creates some incredible pieces in three very distinct styles. She has also taught thousands of people to papercut through online groups using a papercutting starter kit. As well as selling her artwork, she also sells templates of some of her beautiful designs.
Recently I cut my very first Paper Panda template (and my very first cut from any template for that matter!). I must admit that I find it far more satisfying when the cut is of my own design, but this was quick, fun, and could be an option for the customer who perhaps does not have the budget for a customised piece of mine, but would love a handmade gift for some lucky person.
If you would like to purchase this papercut or something similar, email me using the link on the right-hand side for more information.

3 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

Hamish definitely approves of your paper cut rabbits - they're so sweet. xx

Miss Val's Creations said...

Beautiful paper cuts. The rabbits are adorable!

TexWisGirl said...

i always enjoy your designs, but the bunnies are cute.

Shareaholic