Friday 13 November 2015

Fifteeen

I've always made birthday cards for my kids. One day, when I get round to it, I intend to line them up and photograph them all together. The first birthday card for my eldest son, that was shown here on my blog, was made for his 8th birthday. Back then he was mad about football, but couldn't decide where his allegiance lay. These days he knows for sure. Arsenal are always his first concern, though he is keen for me to shout out the results from the latest Hull City A.F.C. game when I know them. Arsenal's crest had to appear on his 15th birthday card. He's also very involved in the NOAM youth movement at the moment. (NOAM is an acronym for No'ar Masorti, Masorti Youth, a Zionist youth movement.) He is a madrich (youth-group leader) for the local group. On his birthday card I have shown him in his green club shirt, with the movement's tree logo on the pocket and the white cord which displays his rank.
Of course with birthdays comes cake, and this one was quickly polished off. 15 year old boys can sure eat a lot of cake.

This young lady also turned 15. Both she and her Mum are keen netball players.  I have previously illustrated her Mum in a netball bib and I decided to show the birthday girl wearing the same red bib, this time with the letters GA (Goal Attack) on it. She has a white netball in her hand. She is also, like my son, a youth-group leader at NOAM, so I popped the aforementioned movement's logo onto the card, along with a little photo of the cast of Grey's Anatomy, the American medical drama which is one of her current favourites.

2 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

How wonderful that you son enjoys being a leader! Both these cards are fantastic!

VeggieMummy said...

Wow, your son really looks like his picture on the card! I'll have a slice of that yummy looking cake if I may! Have a great weekend. xx

Shareaholic