Tuesday 16 August 2016

A Bikini, Beaches and a Bandanna

May recently turned 18. Her auntie told me that she is a glamorous young lady who loves sunbathing, but is also very studious, oh, and she is addicted to her iPhone too!
I gave her a bright red dress, popped a bikini and some school books on her card, and of course she has her phone ready to hand.
Several family members celebrated their birthdays recently. I made some summery cards to match the season.
Finally, a customer requested a card with a picture of her (Jewish) husband wearing a white turban! She also wanted me to show a selection of different hats around him: a chauffeur's cap, a toque blanche (chef's hat), a shopper's hat (we decided on the brown trilby), a cleaner's hat (yes, I know he probably doesn't actually wear a polka dot bandanna but I thought it would be fun!) and a bin man's hat (we settled on the yellow hard hat). He is wearing a white polo shirt with his company's logo on it and my customer wanted the greeting on the card, Happy Birthday, to be in Hindi!
"Just seen the card now...awesome. Love it!" she wrote to me. I hope that "Gadunga" liked it too.

4 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love the summer themes! The gentleman with the hats sounds like a fun guy!

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Oh, these cards are so beautiful and happy! I like very much your distinctive style in card-making. Your cards are unique, elegant and meaningful. :)

VeggieMummy said...

That's a lot of hats! It's lovely that they are so personal and, I bet, a joy to receive. xx

handmade by amalia said...

The iPhone is a brilliant touch! I hope she doesn't switch to android :-)
Amalia
xo

Shareaholic