Sunday 6 September 2009

Something a little more religious...

I am settling back into routine after a busy summer and have been spending every morning at my desk.The local Judaica shop that I work with asked me to supply them with cards for Rosh Hashanah and also requested a few more wedding cards. This time they wanted something a little more religious, rather than my usual hearts and champagne glasses, and the cards above are what I created. They show the Chuppah, a canopy traditionally used in Jewish weddings, the Ketubah, a Jewish prenuptial agreement, and a cup of wine. During the wedding ceremony both the bride and groom drink from the same cup of wine, accepting life's joys, as well as responsibilities. The Hebrew greeting on the card says 'You are getting married'.I recently joined Team Etsy Chai and was delighted to see my Rosh Hashanah cards (middle row, on the right) included in a 'Friday Finds' collection on Studio 618's blog. There were some beautiful selections in her post and it was of course thrilling to see my cards amongst them.Finally, the kids and I have been baking again! This time we made chocolate chip muffins, one of Sarah's recipes at A Spoonful of Sugar. Their recipes always work so well for me. They are tasty, yet kid friendly and easy to put together, and whatever I make seems to disappear at an alarming rate!

6 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Sarah will be delighted to see that your boys love choc chip muffins too! Your latest cards are lovely - I love how you have incorporated meaningful symbols of the wedding ceremony.

Southern Belle said...

the muffins look yummy!!!

tkmetalarts said...

Lisa, it was a pleasure to feature your beautiful paper art on my blog, and I'm glad you liked it. Your work is so special and I like your designs a lot.

jenny said...

Beautiful muffins, beautiful cards. Glad to see such a wonderful display of your work. Much deserved!

Gill - That British Woman said...

popped by to say hello, I has lost your link to your blog. Lovely cards as always, you are very talented,

Gill in Canada

LizzieJane said...

Your cards and your muffins both look wonderful. Congratulations on being feautered, it is very well deserved.
x

Shareaholic