Thursday 10 September 2009

An apple for the teacher

One of my regular customers recently asked me for a customised card for her daughter's birthday. The lady in question is an english teacher at one of the local high schools, so I had fun with the whole teacher theme. I am pretty sure that not many teachers receive apples as gifts anymore - or even if they ever really did - but I hope that maybe one of her pupils will know that it is 'teachers' birthday and write a message in english on the blackboard like on my card!I do not like to show my custom-made cards here until the birthdays have passed, just in case I spoil any surprises. This is a card I made some time back, during the summer holidays, for a fiftieth birthday. The birthday boy's mum sent me photographs of him at different stages of his life and, whilst my little illustrations are certainly not realistic portraits, I had a go at portraying him as a child and now, as a mountain bike riding 50 year old. I hope that he was not offended by the grey hair. It happens to the best of us, and I am still quite a way off fifty!
I am very lucky to have been featured in a number of Etsy Treasuries recently. The 'Countries of the World' treasury saw my Little Penguin Papercut Picture making an appearance (above) and the treasury below, 'Feasts in the Fall', displayed my Rosh Hashanah cards once again. I am always very pleased to be included in any treasury and am glad that someone likes my work enough to make room for it in their composition.

4 comments:

LizzieJane said...

I love those new cards and congrats on making it to so many treasuries. Hope you are having a great day today.
x

Gwen said...

You make amazing cards! Love the one for the teacher!

Gwen
http://efairytale.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, your cards are so cute! I love the 50 card :) Congrats on the treasury!

Laurie said...

Congratulations on all that Treasury exposure! All your cards are looking so festive!

Shareaholic