Wednesday 14 October 2009

Family Portraits

The boys are back at school and I have had a busy couple of days working on several custom card orders. Those that I am able to show you now were made a short time ago and I am sure that both of the birthdays have been celebrated by now.
The first card, above, was requested by the customer who ordered these cards several months ago. He said they were very well received and asked me to make another in a similar vein, showing all the members of his family with his Mum (card not shown). He also wanted a slightly different card for his Dad. For this one he wanted me to illustrate Dad in the centre, surrounded by the Indian, Israel and UK flags, a newspaper, cup of tea and breakfast items. Some of my customers e-mail me photos of their family members so that I can try and get a likeness. Whilst I always stress that my cards are by no means portraits, it is always fun to play with the different hair styles and skin colours and get to know my customers a little, and this one was no exception. This fellow, celebrating his 80th birthday, obviously takes his English breakfast very seriously!The second card was also requested by a repeat customer who had been thrilled with this family grouping. This time her kids wanted a card showing themselves with Dad. In this case I know the kids well - in fact the boy wearing the kippa (skullcap) is in my youngest son's class at school - so no photographs were necessary of the children, though I did need a reminder of what Dad looked like.
Happy Birthday to both Dads! I hope that you liked your cards.

4 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love all the little intricate details with your cards Lisa - like the teapot and toast! Very cute. It is no wonder you get so many repeat custoemrs.

LizzieJane said...

I love those smiling little faces on that card. How cute is that!
You must dream ideas at night when you are sleeping!
x

Jenny said...

They're both fabulous cards and who could blame him from enjoying an English breakfast? Who doesn't!

Laurie said...

Your personalized cards are so great!

Shareaholic