Sunday 31 October 2010

Way way back many centuries ago

"Way way back many centuries ago"... Well, okay, not quite centuries, but certainly many months ago, I received an e-mail from a prospective customer. She had been given one of my customised cards for her own birthday and was so happy with it that she wanted to order one for a friend. It seems that she had quickly worked out what information I needed to create the card and had already attached a photograph of the blonde birthday girl, her precious white West Highland Terrier and mentioned that she was going to be 60, likes karaoke singing and is a caravan owner.
All very straightforward and the best was still to come! There was no rush with the order. I had plenty of time. She didn't need the card for a couple of months. Her friend's birthday wasn't until October! There have been many time when I have been asked if I can just squeeze in an order and make a card for a birthday or anniversary the next day. Once I was even asked if I could bring a card to my boys' school when I collected them at the gates - 45 minutes from the time of the phone call. However, up till this particular occasion, I had never ever been given an order roughly six months in advance! Now that really was good planning.
Of course I didn't wait all that time to complete the card. For sure I would have forgotten about it if I had done so. I created the paper karaoke singer and her dog and sent the card on it's way.
A few weeks later I received a follow-up e-mail letting me know that it had arrived and that the lady who had made the order thought it "absolutely fantastic. Thank you. So so much."
I thanked her so much for being such an organised customer too!

4 comments:

Meeling said...

Great card!
I love people that plan out ahead...makes life so much easier.

Anonymous said...

What a great customer, and an adorable card!

Ann Martin said...

So cute... you captured everything perfectly that she wanted. btw, thanks for visiting my blog and for your comment. I hope you'll have a chance to meet Ruth someday and see her papercuts in person.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Another great card - love how you really capture a person in your cards. The caravan is really cute.

Shareaholic