Sunday 10 April 2011

Frogs here, frogs there

Last week I was busy finishing off a bunch of customised card orders before the forthcoming holiday and now it is all systems go in our house as we count down to Passover. I thought I'd show you a little cross stitch design that I recently completed and actually now realise that it fits in very nicely with the current theme of Passover since frogs were the second of the ten plagues that God brought upon Pharaoh and the Egyptians, to persuade Pharaoh to let the Israelites leave Egypt.
I'll be honest, in reality this little frog doesn't really have too much to do with Passover or plagues. I used to embroider quite a bit as a young girl. My Mum created some beautiful embroidery over the years and she encouraged me to sit with her and have a go too. Time passed and I did it less and less but recently, whilst showing my own boys how to sew on plastic canvases, I dug out this little kit that has been in my sewing box for years and decided to try again.
The result is no great work of art. I don't think there are any mistakes in there, though the experts amongst you might spot one or two! However, I'm pleased to report that I really enjoyed creating something with a needle and thread again and found it relaxing to sit and stitch a little at the end of the day. At the moment there is too much going on with Seder preparations and lots of cleaning and cooking to do but, who knows, maybe after Passover I might get the urge to create something more than a little green frog!

3 comments:

Meeling said...

He's very cute!!

Perfect for Spring!!

Lovely World said...

I'm getting busy with preparations as well! Just did some shopping today, began cleaning yesterday. We will have 14 at our seder. My friend made the most amazing plague set out of felt. I will take a photo and send it to you. Your frog made me think of it!

I would also like to connect about having you make 3 special cards for me. I will email you separately. One is for a Bat Mitzvah, the other two are birthday cards.

creativejewishmom/sara said...

adorable Lisa, thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday! Have a wonderful Pesach, kasher v'sameach! And please do me a favor and help me spread the word about my site, greatly appreciated!

Shareaholic