Monday 4 April 2011

Probably the best cupcakes in the world

With Passover creeping up on us, I recently had one last session of baking before the holiday. I made these Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes for the first time and now believe that they are the best cupcakes in the world! They were moist and creamy and full of flavour. The cream cheese mixture was so tasty and the chocolate delicious without being too sweet. I loved these cupcakes, and so did everyone in my family. I will certainly be making another batch after the holiday. In the meantime I shall be switching over to 'unleavened' baking soon, which is of course a little different but can be equally delicious.
I have made various different versions of the anniversary card below since coming up with the original design a couple of weeks ago. A customer asked me for something "pretty and English" for her in-laws' wedding anniversary and a bouquet of flowers seemed to fit the bill nicely. I have re-created it in other colour combinations - yellows and golds for a Golden Wedding couple celebrating 50 years of marriage, and pale pinks and lemons for a younger couple - and have been happy with the results. As only someone who loves playing with paper could, I enjoy layering the flowers and tweaking the arrangement of the leaves each time.

3 comments:

oregonjewelry said...

Those do look tasty indeed.

Meeling said...

Yummy...anything with cream cheese is fantastic!!!

Sudha said...

Wow lovely anniversary creation dear.

Shareaholic