Tuesday 24 May 2011

Hip hop and more

This blue-eyed young lady is into hip hop and her Grandma asked me to create a card along that theme. It's been a long time since I was 9 years old and I'm pretty sure that hip hop didn't even exist then, but I have a rough idea what it is all about and know that there is some relationship with graffiti too. I hope that Shiri (the young lady's name, which I have written in Hebrew on the card) liked seeing herself breakdancing, microphone in hand, and that it was 'cool' enough for her liking.
One of my nephew's back in the UK recently celebrated his 9th birthday too. I know that the present is far more important than the card when you are 9 years old but also know that his mum appreciates my efforts anyway! I did pop a nice big package in to the post along with it this card, which has my nephew's name on it and a little portrait of the red-headed young man. Happy Birthday Calum! We hope you had a brilliant day.
Moving along in age just a little, this guy was not, as you can see, celebrating his 9th birthday but his wife asked me for a special card anyway. Jonny is a big West Ham United supporter, but fortunately celebrated his birthday before his team was relegated from the English Premier League. I was asked to show him wearing his favourite team's strip, playing a bit of football but getting a little red in the face and worn out from it all!
Finally, for now, this card was a special request for a Dad in the US. 'Dad' seems like a busy guy and there was a lot to squeeze onto this card. He is apparently very into biking, is a physicist, very intellectual and likes books and science. He has 6 grandchildren (though I suggested fitting in portraits of only the boys of the family sending the card) and lives near Washington D.C. I think I got it all in!

4 comments:

fabriquefantastique said...

particularly like the one for Jonny..

Sudha said...

Wow fabulous creations dear.

Meeling said...

How fun!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the Hip Hop card Lisa. You always seem to find the perfect images for the recipient. No wonder you get so much repeat business.

Shareaholic