Monday 21 November 2011

A Little Something Sweet

This young lady, illustrated above, is the same age as my eldest son and celebrates her birthday just a few days before him. Her Mum asks me to make her a card every year and this year proved no exception. In the past I have shown her reading and doing gymnastics. Mum told me that gymnastics was definitely still an important thing in her life but  asked whether this time I could also add her younger brother, sister and the family cat into the picture.
The birthday girl has long dark hair and wears a white sparkly leotard when taking part in competitions. I was specifically asked to give her big white round hoop earrings. I know the younger brother and sister well, so it was easy to create their paper portraits, and the cat - described as short haired and grey, black and white - well, he wasn't quite right, but I hope his inclusion was appreciated all the same!
Another 11 year old recently received a card of mine too. The brief for this card was simpler. I was asked for something "girly" and figured that I couldn't go far wrong with nail polish, lipstick, hearts and flowers.
This request was for someone a little older than 11! The lady in question is apparently a keen golfer, so a golf club and ball fit the bill nicely. I prettified it a little with a few flowers and popped a bright yellow sun into the sky. I hope it helped to make 'Maureen's' day.
And whilst we're on the subject of sweet things for 11 year olds, I thought I'd show you the birthday cake I made for my son's recent sleepover celebration. He asked me for an '11' cake with green icing, a football theme and lots of sweets! Do you think I got it right? He also loves my chocolate chip muffins and wanted his friends to taste them too.  A sugar-filled night was had by all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable cards, Lisa, as always! Love that sparkly leotard and the hoop earrings. Too cute!

Sudha said...

Wow lovely cheerful creations Lisa n cake is so yummy.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com
http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.com/p/shop.html

June Houck said...

Fabulous cards and yummy treats too. What a load of eye candy here :)

Terri said...

Great cards! I especially like the little nail polish bottles. The cake and muffins look yummy too!

Unknown said...

The cake and muffins looks so delicious recipe ,I like the chocolate flavor too!!!I'll try to make a cake with the little chocolate bites.......Thanks for sharing this one unique tip and hope to see some more !!!!!
print membership cards
clear cards

Shareaholic