Sunday 3 February 2013

Counting Down

I don't make many of these! Well actually, to be more accurate, I've never made one of these before. What an age! I have made a few 100 cards over time, and I made a 101 card for "Auntie Rae" last year. I was delighted when her niece called to ask me for a card with the numbers 102 on it. Ad meah viesrim (until 120).
This customer asked me for "something pretty" for Mum and Grandma. Balloons, cake and flowers always fit the bill. Grandma was 70, not 3, but I couldn't quite fit 70 candles on one slice of cake.
This 50th birthday card was for a special sister who seems to be very sporty. She competes in triathlon events in the US, so her sister asked me to illustrate the three typical components of triathlon: swimming, cycling, and running. The birthday girl can be seen swimming at the top of the card. Her training shoes are below, and a delicately cut bike is on the left of the card. 'becca also loves cats, so I popped a couple of her feline friends in there too. I'm exhausted simply by the thought of the triathlon!

8 comments:

dottycookie said...

I am stunned that you could cut that bicycle by hand. My goodness, you must have very steady fingers!

Terri said...

What great occasions to create cards for. They are all wonderful. I agree that bicycle is amazing.

Terri

Denise Kiggan said...

Wow 102! I love the countdown. It makes 50 seem very young. How beautifully each of these people will celebrate their birthdays.

Unknown said...

Lisa, your talent knows no bounds! I love every card you've shared here - so much detail, so many wonderfully meaningful elements for each card's recipient - just fantastic! And I love that you made the 102 card this year! Here's to 103! :)

Anonymous said...

Not saying anything that hasn't been said but that bicycle really is amazing! Congratulations on such beautiful work for such great occasions.

katy said...

Adorable, as always. 102! I hope I'll be able to sit up and read a card if I get to 102! You're lucky to be a part of Auntie Rae's life in this way.

Miss Val's Creations said...

102! Wow! My grandparents are still alive and been married for 73 years. They are both in their mid 90s so I am curious if they will make it to 100(I have a feeling they will)!

The card for the athlete is amazing. I love the bicycle!!! The thought of a triathlon exhausts me too. :)

Additionsstyle said...

102 is pretty amazing and you are going to make it memorable with the lovely card you created! Each card is lovely and I'm sure the recipients will really enjoy them.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Shareaholic