Tuesday 29 January 2013

Avigayil's Album

I am happy to often receive wonderful feedback from my customers and sometimes the comments I am given really give me a boost and make me smile for the rest of the day! The comments I received from the family who ordered this guest book - yes, the Bat Mitzvah girl herself, Mum AND Dad - made me positively beam! "It is stunning and I love it!" the young lady wrote in a note to me. It doesn't get better than that, does it?
I have know Avigayil since she was a little girl, and have watched her grow in to a beautiful young lady. I am of course always happy to receive orders for my Bar and Bat Mitzvah books, but they are extra nice to create when I know the young people so well.
Avigayil's Mum told me that gymnastics plays a big part in her daughter's life at the moment. She is an avid reader and is also very into arts and crafts. She has just got her own cellphone too and it was asked that I include that in my cover design.
Since the family are friends of mine, I was delighted to receive an invitation to the Bat Mitzvah celebrations. Avigayil's invitation had a funky design of purple, lilac and turquoise dots and swirls on it, so I picked up on that and added a few of the same coloured dots to the book's cover.
Inside the book I embellished five of the pages with yet more of my designs. The first page, above, showed Avigayil wearing her fancy blue gymnastics top - as she is on the cover - and the black leggings that are part of her gym wear. The air mattress and springboard that she uses are nearby.
Below, clockwise from top right, you can see the page devoted to her passion for arts and crafts, and the page which featured her favourite Harry Potter book, along with a wand and the Harry Potter logo. Next I showed her very own Facebook page open on the computer and popped her Motorola phone in there too, and finally, I added yet more books - Avigayil really is a serious reader. All the pages are decorated with the same coloured dots picked up from the invitation.
The Hebrew writing on the cover says Avigayil's name, the words 'Bat Mitzvah' and the date of her celebration. She had already pasted some lovely photos in to the book by the time it was taken to her party, and I was happy to see many of her friends writing lovely messages in it too.
I hope she continues to be thrilled with her Bat Mitzvah book and that it will remind her of a very happy occasion for many years to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely album.
Richard

Miss Val's Creations said...

The detail is amazing Lisa! I love Facebook piece. Avigayil will cherish this book forever!

Shareaholic