Tuesday 17 December 2013

Salt and Tax Free

I am happy with most of the cards I create. Except those that I am not so pleased with... and I don't post those here. But now and again there is a card that really makes me smile. Not for any particular reason. It just makes me giggle. This was one of them.
Mizzie's husband told me that she is currently into baking challah, bagels and bread rolls, all without salt. How to illustrate that on a card? Easy! I made a little salt pot and put it behind a red prohibition sign. It's clear for all to see that no salt is allowed! I showed the birthday girl, still wearing oven mitts and proudly displaying her latest challah. There are a few bagels and bread rolls scattered around her. All salt free of course.
Larry was celebrating his 40th birthday. He is a tax accountant, so I added a mock US tax form and a teeny tiny calculator to the card. His wife told me that he was an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) - the badge of his corps is on the upper left of the card - and that he enjoys playing the board game Rummikub. I included a few tiles, adding up to 40, on the top right. Finally he likes music and singing, thus the notes.
One of my nieces was also celebrating her birthday. Her Mum told me that she is into anything scary! My youngest son is exactly the same - it must be in the blood - so I looked to him for inspiration. Now, many 8 year old girls would like flowers, hearts and all things sweet on their card. Nope, not this one. This card ended up being decorated with a scary skull and crossbones and a big black and probably very hairy spider.
Creepy!

1 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

These are fantastic Lisa! I love the no salt icon. How funny that your niece is into scary things! At that age, even the most remotely scary thing would keep me up at night.

Shareaholic