Monday 17 March 2014

Boys to Men

"Grandpa" was turning 82. He is a retired doctor, enjoys reading and loves history. My customer asked me to make a birthday card for him which would illustrate all those interests. The little stethoscope and clipboard speak for themselves. The small pile of books displays both his love of reading and history.
Max Rajnish was celebrating his 10th birthday. Well his name is really Max, but apparently his nickname is a joke he has with his friends and his auntie went along with it. She wanted a card that showed him holding a mobile phone with FaceTime on the screen. It seems that he spends quite a lot of time using the video chat program on his iPhone. Guess he's no different to all the other 10 year olds... except my own... who thinks he's terribly badly done to because we won't buy him a smartphone. 
Hmm.
The "Dad" depicted on this card is a keen Tottenham Hotspur supporter and his son told me that he enjoys a good red wine. For his 80th birthday card I decided to show Dad wearing a Spurs shirt, with a glass of red in his hand. I tried to get you guessing which football team's shirt I was currently crafting out of paper, by posting the above photo on my Facebook page, but it seems that none of you are English football fans. Well, now you know.
Finally, this card was being sent to a fellow in Newcastle, a city in North East England. Newcastle Brown Ale, or Newkie Brown, as it is known locally, is an ale that was originally produced in the city, though I was amazed to read that it is now produced in North Yorkshire! My customer thought that her nephew would appreciate the local touch to his card.

2 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love all these Lisa! It is crazy seeing all these young kids with smart phones today. They don't have conversations anymore, rather it is all done with devices. The Newcastle Ale logos look great! I've seen it in markets here but have never tried it.

Unknown said...

The prices of such deals are lower than ordering each component separately, and some packages include tickets to shows, theater, sports events, attractions and more. Some packages also include car rental in Israel and numerous other touring options. A "Charlotte " in Israel is a great way to experience the pleasures it has to offer. Search now for a vacation in Eilat, Jerusalem, the Dead Sea, Tel Aviv and more.

Shareaholic