Sunday 9 March 2014

The Big 1

It's always fun to create sweet cards such as these ones. The top card was for a little niece who was soon to be celebrating her 1st birthday. Now, one year olds don't tend to have so many hobbies, so I suggested a card full of cute little girl things. My customer, a good friend, is very into ducks. I think one lived in her garden when she was a child. So I decided that a duck had to be added to the card, and a big number one as well. Finally, I created a little paper portrait of the birthday girl. She has short dark baby hair at the moment, but I made sure she looked cute and girlie by giving her lovely long eyelashes.
Just a few days later another friend called and asked me for two small cards for her one year old niece. These were being sent to the UK, while the first card went to Australia! This time I made the number the main feature and added balloons and flowers and a little bird too. The duck sneaked back in there as well.
Quack!

3 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Love these! Funny thing is that I'm also almost making three 1-year-old-cards! :) For my nephew and twin nieces :D Your cards are great!!! Hugs, Wendy

Miss Val's Creations said...

These are adorable Lisa! I love those duckies. :)

Unknown said...

Wow. The little tyke is sure to love this one.

Shareaholic