Sunday 29 January 2017

With All My Love

Local friends may recognise this couple. I always tell my customers that my paper designs are not exact portraits, but sometimes I do capture a good likeness. I think, well hope, that this card is one of them.
My friend asked me to make a card for her husband for their 20th wedding anniversary. She asked me to show the two of them, and add the number 20, some champagne and two glasses. She has grown her short hair longer recently (a clue for my local friends!) so sent me a photo to copy her new hairstyle. I added the green background and hearts, since the 20th anniversary gemstone is emerald and the anniversary colour (who knew there was such a thing?) is emerald green.
Her reaction to the card was "Brilliant!". It's always a good sign when someone recognises themselves on a card.
Another customer asked me for an anniversary card for friends. I have made a card for this particular couple for several years now, so try to come up with something new each year. My design is, I guess, quite traditional, though I think the purple colour scheme gives it a more edgy look.

10 comments:

Katrin said...

Wow, you make the sweetest greeting cards, you're so creative! Thank you so much for sharing, we hope to see you again at Sweet Inspiration next week!

krishna said...

it's amazing... how you made the spectacles?? XOXO

Breathing In Grace said...

That's just awesome!!! Such talent! Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your cards.

NanaHood said...

You are very talented! Love your cards! I'm a grandmother from the states who blogs about being a grandparent and other topics. Hope you will visit me when you have time! My post today is about cards but they are not as unique as yours. They are made by children though, and that makes a difference!
Teresa http://nanahood.com/children-making-valentines-for-veterans

kidcandoodle said...

Nice work! Do you have an online portfolio of your designs too?

Mascha said...

Very nice artworks.
Have a good week

Miss Val's Creations said...

These are so cute. I love the champagne bottle!

Anonymous said...

Should we foreigners also recognize the couple? The spectacles - a great job:):) Love also the purple card (a big part of my garderobe is purple) Thank you Lisa for sharing your beautiful cards with ALL SEASONS! Have a great week, blog friend!

restlessjo said...

You must have such fun making these. I see a lot of pride as well as pleasure. :)

Photo(Geo)grapher said...

What a beautiful card. Great gift idea

Shareaholic