Monday 12 June 2017

A Dedicated Vet and a Lawyer Extraordinaire

The customer who ordered this card for her bestie was seemingly very happy with it because not long afterwards she contacted me again, this time for a Mother's Day card. Mum's a veterinarian, she told me. She is obsessed with the mobile/PC puzzle game Candy Crush and she loves chocolate. Mum also loves the colour red and her favourite dog is the greyhound (she was the vet for racing greyhounds).
I then learnt that Mum always wears a gold necklace with diamonds, that Haigh's Chocolates are her favourite, particularly their chocolate freckles, oh, and her eyebrows are such a feature on her face - could I try and add them please? Of course I could. It's all about the details.
I love writing about the cards I make, but my blog has an added benefit of course. A friend of this particular customer saw the bestie card and decided that she liked the look of my customised cards too. She wrote and asked me if I could create a 50th birthday card for her friend, an intellectual property (IP) Lawyer.
Her lawyer friend Caz, she told me, loves champagne and collects stone eggs. The ladies used to work together, so I included the logos from a couple of projects they worked on (whited out). They also had an in-joke she wanted me to include. The Brits amongst you will recognise "T please Bob". I added the little signs pointing to Orbain Road and the one denoting Caz's job, and included a big yellow 50 to mark her friend's special birthday. There was also the obligatory paper portrait of the birthday girl herself.
My customer was delighted when she received the card. "Hi Lisa! I got the card - it looks fab!!! Thanks so much!!!"

10 comments:

Tamar SB said...

That card is so great!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

You are always so creative!

Anonymous said...

Love your stories about how you came to add all the details. Love the dog on the vet.'s card! Happy you're back in blog land and for your share with All Seasons:) Have a look at number 6, the flower back ground from Ann - she makes cards!
Have a lovely week, dear Lisa.

NCSue said...

Thank you, my friend, for sharing with our weekly photo linkup. I am so glad you are staying in touch even though I've returned to the US and am no longer sharing my Israeli posts. I so enjoyed visiting your country and wish I could come again to see it from the perspective of a person like yourself who has a different understanding of the history and a different religious perspective.

We do share much in our respective faith.

https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/06/pretty-view-in-ladies-loo.html

Miss Val's Creations said...

These came out amazing! I love the greyhound. So cute!

restlessjo said...

Hi Lisa :) Were you away on holiday, or just busy? I do like your greyhound.

Mia said...

How lovely!!!

handmade by amalia said...

How nice to have repeat customers. And how well deserved!
Amalia
xo

Quinn said...

I love the way you manage to get so many personal details on each card yet they always look so clean and uncomplicated! What a gift you have :)

Amanda said...

That's interesting about the napkins! When we visited Williamsburg, VA, they also give you huge napkins to tie around your neck. During that time period, they told us, that only the wealthiest people could afford to use their cloth on large napkins so the phrase, "he must be making ends meet" came from that time because if someone had a napkin large enough for the ends to meet and tie around your neck, you knew they were doing well in life. Lovely photos. I've never made it to the UK, but surely hope to visit someday. So much history there!

Shareaholic