Monday 27 November 2017

80 Years and 6

A customer in the UK asked me to make an 80th birthday card for her dad. She told me that he likes to go to Kenwood with his daughter when he visits her in London (and he likes eating the scones in the café there too!). He has sold computers for years through his company GCS - Golding Computer Services. The Sage accounts package is something they specialize in. Dad always wears a cap now, she wrote, oh, and he loves to find a bargain at Lidl! Finally, she and her sister took dad to New York in May.
I have shown dad wearing his flat cap. In one hand he is holding a scone and in the other, a sign with his company's logo on it. He is surrounded by, clockwise from the top left, the Lidl logo, a big red number 80 to mark his age, a computer with the GCS homepage open on it, the Sage logo, the I ❤ NY logo (the logo has been used since 1977 to promote tourism in the state of New York), and finally, a little photograph of his favourite view at Kenwood.
My customer was kind enough to let me know when the card had arrived in the UK. "Thank you so much. It's fab!" she messaged me. She then followed that up with a happy photo of her dad with his birthday card. "Dad loved the card - thank you" she wrote.
Benjamin (or Benjo) receives one of my birthday cards for his special day every year, just as his four brothers do. Last year he was into PAW Patrol and his new bicycle. This year Mum asked me to show her son kicking a football. She also wanted me to include something about First Grade, or Kitah Aleph as it is known here, which Benjamin had recently started. I copied his black football boots as accurately as I could, and added some Hebrew letters, some pencils and a big blue number 6 to show his age.
Debs Random Writings

9 comments:

Tamar SB said...

So great!
Love the little details you always include!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Your cards are always so cute. #MMBC

Villrose said...

Funny and personal cards!

NCSue said...

I love how much this card looks like its recipient!
Thanks for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/11/very-zen.html

handmade by amalia said...

You offer a multi-generational service, Lisa :-) I so like the photo of happy dad enjoying his card, it must have made you smile.
Amalia
xo

Diane said...

What wonderful creative card designs.

Hugs Diane

Jayne said...

What a lovely personalised card! I love how happy he looks with it too :)

Thanks so much for sharing with #MMBC. Hope to see you next week x

Clairejustine said...

These are great and all so creative. Thanks for sharing at The Wednesday Blog Hop :)

Aritha V. said...

Ah, the photo wit him on it! So nice.

Shareaholic