Thursday 13 June 2019

Husbands

A new customer contacted me and asked me to make a birthday card for her husband. "He likes taking our dog for a walk while listening to various podcasts", she told me. He also likes going on bike rides with their 3 older kids. She also mentioned that he is Argentinian and asked if there was a way to include the flag of Argentina somewhere on the card.
I have shown the birthday boy (who has a birthday the same day as me!) wearing his blue headphones and his dark sunglasses. Their dog, Churro, is next to him and there is a bicycle in the background. He is proudly waving the Argentinian flag.
My customer was kind enough to leave a wonderful review on my Facebook business page:
"Lisa made the perfect birthday card for my husband! She took my long brief and knew exactly which ideas would work best. The card was made quickly, professionally and best of all she's lovely to work with! Thank you so much ðŸ˜Š"
Another customer asked me for a card for her husband too. Her husband is a baal kore (the person who reads the weekly excerpt from the Torah during synagogue services) and loves to learn. She suggested that I show him with a Torah, which is a long scroll containing the entire text of the Five Books of Moses - Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. She also requested a Megillat Esther, the Scroll of Esther, which tells the story of how two Jews, Mordechai and Esther, managed to save the Jews of Persia from genocide by the evil prime minister Haman.
I have shown her husband wearing his tallit as he reads from the Torah. The tallit is worn by the reader during the Torah reading. He has a yad (a pointer used by the reader to follow the text during the reading from the parchment Torah scrolls, ensuring that the parchment is not touched) in his hand. Next to him is a Megillat Esther and Magen David, or Star of David.
The Hebrew part of the greeting on the card says "Happy Birthday to my 39 year old husband".

6 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Churro is so cute with this white hair. The Torah scrolls came out fantastic. Both cards are beautiful and sure to be cherished!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

You are so amazing when you capture the heart of your customers in your cards.

VeggieMummy said...

Love that dog - and great name too! xx

Kosmo Riviera said...


You create beautiful cards! , wow!
I will be very nice when you look at me and add to my blog!
let's meet there :)

Tamar SB said...

Both are super cards!!

Thisiswhereitisat said...

That is so cool X #pocolo

Shareaholic