Monday 10 June 2019

Mickey Mouse and Elephants

One of my regular customers came back to me once again with a request for birthday cards for her twin boys. The boys were turning 3, mum told me. They are blond and love Mickey Mouse and elephants. They were soon to have their upsherin (a haircutting ceremony held when a Jewish boy turns three years old) but she suggested that the boys could be shown with long hair, as it was before it was cut.
Though the boys have the same favourites, mum asked me to make the cards slightly different. Benjamin likes reds, greens, oranges and yellow. Daniel favours blue. I made sure to create 'Mickey' in two different ways and added two very different elephants.
Balloons and stars added a birthday touch and a big yellow number 3 marks the boys' age.

12 comments:

tiredbutcraftymummy said...

They look fantastic! I like how they are similar but have subtle differences.#MMBC

VeggieMummy said...

Amazing cards. I love how the colours make them so different. xx

Tamar SB said...

These are precious!

Miss Val's Creations said...

These must have been a blast to make! As always, amazing job Lisa!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

The 2 cards for twins look amazing - I love how you made them similar yet different! #MMBC

Kim Carberry said...

These cards are very cute. I do love Mickey Mouse. #MMBC

laurensparks.net said...

So cute! My girl loves MM. Visiting you from the good, random, fun link up. laurensparks.net

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I wouldn't be surprised if their mom saves your birthday cards, then one day in their adult future they'll find the cards and get teary-eyed, their hearts full of love.

Cheryl said...

Lovely way to mark their 3rd birthdays. As usual I've learnt something from your cards! #MMBC

Junieper/Jesh said...

That must have been fun (but maybe also harder) to create something for a twin. I like it that the mom wanted to have her twin a memory of how it was before their hair was cut! Wow, you are getting so much experience by the specific requests your customers have! Well done, Friend! Have a lovely week and thank you for sharing it with All Seasons!

Jayne said...

These are both lovely cards. I love the coloured backgrounds you have used. Beautiful keepsakes as always. x #MMBC

Sum of their Stories said...

Such sweet cards, the same but different, perfect!

Shareaholic