Wednesday 10 July 2019

"We Are the Champions"

Jonny celebrated his birthday back in May. While at a recent exhibition, he and his teammates joined in a karaoke session singing Queen's "We Are The Champions". His wife saw a clip of them singing together, thought it was very funny and asked me to show this on his birthday card. She sent me a bunch of stills to get the idea.
I included Jonny's other three team members, since they all sang together as a group, but featured the birthday boy prominently at the front. A screen displaying the song lyrics is in the background. The mifold logo displays his place of work and the yellow number 51 marks his age.
"Great card again, Lisa" Jonny wrote to me.
Eitan is currently serving in the Israeli army. He was about to have a regila (רגילה), which is when the soldiers are given one week off from the army every four months. Fortunately this was falling around the time of his birthday, so his mum asked me to make that the theme of his birthday card. She gave me a list of things to include: friends, eating, drinking, sleeping and playing with the family dog.
I displayed two pages of a diary showing the dates Eitan was going to start the regila. The Hebrew words on those pages say תהנה ברגילה ("Have fun during the regila"). Around the pages are objects representing all the things mum mentioned: beer, Meggy the family dog, some Zzz to represent sleeping and pizza.
I think I got everything on there.
The big red number 19 marks his age.

7 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

We are the Champions is a great karaoke song! The card is hysterical! The second card is funny too. Sounds like a typical 19 year old.

VeggieMummy said...

Great cards. I don't know why but I have a sudden craving for pizza! :0) xx

Tamar SB said...

The Queen card is amazing!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

You got me with Queen - hands down one of the best you've made!

Sylvia Graceforagypsy.com said...

Beautiful Cards!

Jayne said...

I love all of the little details you put into your creations Lisa! They make an occasion that little more special. x #MMBC

Stephanie 139a said...

i really don't know how you do it - definitely great cards! Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

Shareaholic