Sunday 7 July 2019

2 Good 2 Be True

The customer who ordered this card for her husband recently came back to me for a birthday card for her daughter. The list she gave me of her daughter's interests included philosophy, hiking, camping and reading. Her daughter hates shopping, she told me, and is dreamy and rather messy!
There was plenty to work with.
I included a small image of Socrates on the card to represent philosophy. I added shopping bags with a big black cross through them, some walking boots and a tent. Next I added small graphics of the words 'Messy' and 'Dreamy'. 'Dreamy' is typed over a background of clouds. Finally I included a red book to represent her daughter's love of reading. The big yellow number 22 marks her age.
Rebecca's auntie requested a birthday card with a general birthday theme but also wanted me to include the fact that her niece is a makeup artist and also works at the British supermarket, Waitrose. I added a teeny tiny makeup palette to the card, along with a nail varnish, lipstick, balloons and cake! The Waitrose logo marks her place of work.

10 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

Beautiful cards. I'm looking at this on my tiny laptop and initially thought that the image of Aristotle was the sorting hat from Harry Potter! I really must find my glasses! Love the attention to detail as always. xx

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Wonderful details make every card a unique piece of art

Miss Val's Creations said...

The dreamy and messy card must have been a fun one to make! I love the touch of shimmer you added too those balloons.

italiafinlandia said...

All your cards are well made.
I like Socrates! ;)

Sum of their Stories said...

Great cards, so personal. I'm afraid my first thought with the hat was also Harry Potter's sorting hat but that must just be the way my mind works!!

Tom said...

...many things are too good to be true!

Kim Carberry said...

Those cards are gorgeous! I do love the Waitrose one x #MMBC

junieper/Jesh said...

Am still pondering why 22 is too good to be true - or is it just the play on words with the 2 ? A great choice of how you chose how she hates shopping - that X peeked my interest!
The next card, wow what an interesting way of making a living.Well done as always, Lisa! Many thanks for showing your work to All Seasons!Happened to see your comment you're going to Hungary - have a fab time!

Tamar SB said...

You make such personal and unique cards!!

handmade by amalia said...

Both cards are super pretty and fun. Everyone must have been so pleased with them.
Amalia
xo

Shareaholic