Thursday 19 September 2019

From 25 to 50

A customer asked me to make an anniversary card for her brother and sister-in-law for their 25th wedding anniversary, their silver wedding anniversary. She sent me two of photos of the couple on their wedding day and I was asked to copy the pose of the first photo but to show her brother wearing a top hat, as in the second photo. She also requested a few little number 25's dotted around the card, which I of course cut out of silver stock.
My friend Amanda recently turned 50. I made her a papercut card for her big day, cutting her name and age by hand from white stock, and then lining it with a pale blue paper inlay. The card took positively ages to reach its destination but was appreciated when it finally got there!
Pieced Pastimes

10 comments:

Tom said...

...all of these numbers are in my rearview mirror.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

These are both great!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I always love your cards. Very cute anniversary card and your cut cards are beautiful

VeggieMummy said...

I've just returned from a family holiday and am catching up with my favourite blogs. Fantastic cards - I imagine you were worried when the birthday one was delayed - going to all that trouble just to have it go astray in the mail would be heartbreaking! xx

italiafinlandia said...

Love the wedding couple!

junieper/Jesh said...

25rh anniversary, that sounds ages ago! you made a beautiful card for their anniversary,and I love what you did with Amanda's card! Great job Lisa! I really enjoyed your last past about Budapest! Many thanks for sharing these cards with All Seasons ...and you're first, yay!

riitta k said...

You created a beautiful card! I believe everybody loves it.

Sum of their Stories said...

2 lovely cards, the way you get such a likeness with (seemingly) simple paper cut outs is just amazing.

Eclectic Red Barn said...

Lisa,
I love this 25th anniversary card. You did such a wonderful job. Congrats, you are being featured on Thursday Favorite Things.
https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2019/09/thursday-favorite-things_26.html
Hope you have a lovely day.
Hugs,
Bev

Stephanie 139a said...

Love that papercut card. Thanks for joining us at #PoCoLo

Shareaholic