Thursday 29 April 2021

A Covid-19 Engagement

A new customer contacted me with a request for some framed art. Her sister-in-law had got engaged and she thought it would be nice to give the new couple one of my pictures based on their engagement photo. They had met and got engaged through Covid-19, so she thought it might be cute to make the "diamond" on her sister-in-law's engagement ring a little corona ball. We also agreed to keep the masks that they are wearing on their chins as a reminder of the period.  
I have shown the couple exactly as they appear in the photo, making sure to create the bride-to-be's jacket in denim and to add the teeny tiny logo on her fiancé's shirt. The proposal was at sunset, so I showed the sun setting in the background.
My customer also wanted to add their names on the picture, along with the date of their engagement. I added them in Hebrew at the bottom of the piece.
My customer seemed delighted with her picture. "I've been waiting for an occasion to get one of your cards or pictures" she told me. Her sister-in-law was happy for me to share it here on my blog. "Thank you for the wonderful picture." she said.

PoCoLo

12 comments:

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

It's wonderful that love comes even in stressful times. Cute art.

Joanne said...

Such a sweet card! I am always blown away by the all the little details you include.

Amy said...

That's a very good reminder of what we've all been through.

VeggieMummy said...

At least some lovely things have come out of this difficult time. xx

Michele Morin said...

Pulling down the masks to show happy smiles...! Wonderful!

thepaintedapron.com said...

Your card creations are fantastic! This picture you did for the engaged couple is so cute and clever, but it makes me happy and sad at the same time...I can't wait until we can live without masks!
Jenna

A Little Bit of Everything said...

I love that. You did such a beautiful job and I bet they are thrilled. Love the style of it.

#pocolo

Chickenruby said...

Another stunning card and captured the requests so well, it really is beautiful #pocolo

R's Rue said...

Wow. Well done.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Fancyingfrance said...

Another highly original card which is a true reflection of recent times. #pocolo

Lydia from Lydia's Flexitarian Kitchen said...

I think it's charming! What a great way to remember happy moments in very odd times. It makes me wonder what future generations may think when they view images from the last two years. Thanks for sharing with us at Creatively Crafty #ccbg :)

thisiswhereitisat said...

This is a fantastic design X #pocolo

Shareaholic