Monday 12 December 2022

Their Engagement Announcement

* This post was written before my son passed away.
A regular customer contacted me with a request for another card. Two of her workmates had just got engaged to each other. She sent me their engagement announcement and asked me to base my design on the photo of the couple. She also requested that I add the date they got engaged.
I carefully copied the photo of my customer's workmates, making sure to include the pattern on the bride-to-be's top and the stripes on her groom's shirt. Her hair was difficult since her light brown hair is darker at the roots but I managed to merge the two different colours of paper quite successfully.
I placed my portrait of the couple on a green background with a white frame, just like their own announcement. The flower was similar to one they had used too.
The Hebrew greeting on the card simply says "Mazal Tov Rivka and Michael". Mazal Tov literally means "good luck", though in practice the phrase is used to express "congratulations".
My customer was delighted. "Received the card. Beautiful as always. Thank you" she wrote to me.
* This post has been shared on The Good. The Random. The Fun.
Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs

9 comments:

Kim Carberry said...

What a beautiful card. Congratulations to the happy couple. x

Anne said...

That's such a beautiful card, I'm glad they were happy with it.

Joanne said...

That is a beautiful card that I'll bet they'll keep forever as a wonderful reminder of their engagement.

Tamar SB said...

mazal tov to the couple

VeggieMummy said...

Such a beautiful card and a wonderful keepsake for the couple. xx

Hels said...

Joe and I finished uni in Dec and had to be overseas by Feb to rent a house and start jobs. Thus there was no time for a engagement, although we had 8 weeks to organise the wedding.

How I wish I had a card like the one you created - the lovely engagement outfits, the important date, a flower from the event and a le'chaim. Beautiful!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Beautiful card and a keepsake. It is good to see your cards again. I am so sorry for your loss.

-Soma

Ruth said...

It’s so lovely to see your post today. The engagement card is beautiful just like all your other cards.

Jayne said...

A lovely engagement card and beautiful little details as always.

So nice to have you back at MMBC. xxx

Shareaholic