Wednesday 27 January 2010

All You Need Is Love

It seems that the theme for my blog post today is LOVE. Hearts and flowers abound in preparation for a wedding and Valentine's Day.
My first card was created for a young couple who were married this week. I was asked to make a card with "something traditional" on it. The colour of the wedding invitation was cream with a mink coloured ribbon across the front of it, so I attempted to carry this through into the overall colour scheme of their customised card.
I have explained previously the religious significance of the wedding canopy and candles that I have depicted. Please go to my post A Jewish Wedding if you would like a refresher. I simplified my design a little on this occasion, enlarging some elements and adding the bow to match the invitation that the couple's guest had received. I hope that they liked their card.
I am currently participating in the Etsy Greetings Team's Valentine's Day promotion. The cards that I have included in the team's collection are some old favourites of mine. These sweet heart cards, above, are available as a pack of five in my shop. Buy them during the period of the Etsy promotion, from now until 31st January, and receive matching tags as my gift to you.
While of course I'd suggest that my pack of heart cards are absolutely perfect for your Valentine needs, and for many other occasions throughout the year, it's possible that they just aren't your favourites. For other ideas search "egvdpromo" on Etsy to find more beautiful handmade cards, made by some incredibly talented people. Lastly, thanks to a kind team member on another Etsy team that I belong to, Etsy Chai, one of my cards was featured on the online magazine Michal's Tefillin, in a piece about unique wedding accessories. It was a pleasure to see one of my wedding card designs there amongst some beautiful jewelry and ketubot (in Jewish weddings, this is the wedding contract between the bride and groom).
Don't forget to check out the great Valentine's Day cards with specials now!

5 comments:

LizzieJane said...

Your cards are lovely Lisa. Love is in the air around here too. I just celebrated my 37th wedding anniversary last Sunday. My goodness how the years have flown by. Congratulations having your card teatured on a blog. I hope all the publicity will bring you lots of customers.
x

Linda B said...

Lisa, terrific job on the Wedding card.

Linda B.

Piggy said...

Congratulations! Beautiful cards :) Love is in the air...

Thanks for dropping by my blog!

God Bless
Alice

Chelsea said...

You blog is so cute! I love those Valentine's Greetings...I would love to give or receive one this holiday! And congrats on your card being featured! Best wishes blogging and selling!

-Chelsea
http://www.pixelcouture.net
http://www.islapink.etsy.com

Ilea said...

I love the Valentine's cards - so simple and cute.

Shareaholic